Br. Barry Off, Prov. President, 2015-16
Hi to everyone:
I am very proud to be entrusted with this position as Provincial President of Saskatchewan for the next year. I am looking forward to visiting all the Lodges I can and go to the Sporting Events for the year. I look forward to meeting the members of these Lodges and seeing what a difference they have made in their communities. My theme is "moving forward and with purpose." I believe we can get our name out there for everyone to see and know about our accomplishments. We have a couple of members in the Provincial Association advertising on the radio and TV trying to promote our sports, fundraisers and charities. We also have to advertise in our communities and people will see what we are accomplishing and will come to join our organization.
Our National mission statement is "A Canadian Volunteer Organization of Men and Women Serving Communities." We want to get this message to all the people in our province so they will know what we are committed to and where we are headed. I know that every one of our membership is strong in service and dedicated to our cause. So now we have to make it known to the public in our communities and province so that people can come to us and ask questions about becoming an Elk. I am proud of our organization and all it stands for, so let's move forward with purpose so that everyone else will know what we stand for.
Brother Barry Off, Esterhazy
HOT LINKS HOT NEWS
Who We Are
The Saskatchewan Elks Association was granted a Charter in 1929 by our Grand Lodge, the Elks of Canada. Dedicated members kept the Association going through the Great Depression, a difficult task. In 1929 there were 32 Lodges in the province; now there are 72. The Association supports and guides individual Lodges through our Provincial Offices in Saskatoon, District Representative visits, and Official Visits of the Provincial President. The Annual Conference, Sports Tournaments and the Walkathon are held in various locations around the province; all Lodges can bid to host these events.
The Saskatchewan Elks Foundation Corporation is a registered charity established in 1991. Linking Saskatchewan Elks and Royal Purple Elks Lodges across the province, the Foundation promotes and supports the needs of the individual and the community at large through a variety of programs and services. For further information phone 306-665-1333.
- Charity Appeal - The Saskatchewan Charity Appeal Raffle is one of the many fundraisers that the Saskatchewan Elks Foundation holds each year by selling raffle tickets.
- Sask Pediatric Auditory Rehab Center - SPARC is an early detection, assessment, and (re)habilitation program for hearing impaired children in the Province. SPARC, the Childrens Hearing Centre, is located at the Royal University Hospital in Saskatoon.
- Senior Citizens Homes - The Provincial Elks Association of Saskatchewan has long been associated with a project called "Saskatchewan Elks Seniors Homes". The goal is to provide appropriate living quarters and accomodations for Saskatchewan Seniors. We currently have Homes in eight communities across the province: Davidson, Esterhazy, Hanley, Moose Jaw, Moosomin, Nipawin, Price Albert and Rosetown.
- Teasing and Bullying - Unacceptable Behavior. TAB is a teasing and bullying prevention program that provides children with knowledge on how to stop being teased and how to stop being a bully, and to take responsible action.
- Healthy Choices Contest - The Healthy Choices Contest is a yearly program where young students, K to 12, can participate. Categories include Literary, Posters and Media, and can include Videos and Electronic submissions. The contest has been named to reflect Positive Choices.
- For more information on any of the above, contact Charlotte at the Provincial Office